Thursday 13 April 2017

Nelly's First Birthday!

Before I had Nelly, I was sure I couldn’t love another baby more than I love Adric, and I wasn’t sure I could even love anyone close to how much I love Adric! Then Nelly came along and surprised me in ways I couldn’t have imagined. Nelly is so different from Adric and I love them both so so so much, and in different ways..

At one year old, Nelly can walk (actually she took her first steps when she was few days shy of 10 months old!). Her first word was ‘gor gor’ – proves how much she loves Adric! She would follow him around, and would always look for ‘gor gor’ even when he is at school! She was a calm baby from the start – she could easily be soothed by Mummy carrying her (she literally stops crying within seconds after I pick her up). She can already effectively communicate her wants and needs, by nodding or shaking her head.. When I come back from work, she would be the first to greet me at the door. Before I could put down my bags (my work bag and milk bag containing my pumped milk), she would say ‘Na Na’, followed by a few nods of her head, and then she would walk towards the bedroom, indicating it’s time to nurse.
She loves animals.. and can make the animal sounds of dog, sheep, cow and she can say ‘bear’ when we point to the ‘brown bear brown bear what do u see’ book! Her favorite song is Old MacDonald had a Farm, and that is why for her first birthday, we had an E-I-E-I-O party for her! It was a simple family affair, cos we figured we were the only pple she would like to celebrate her birthday with at this moment!



 Nelly showing she is 1!


See how happy she is... (Adric likes to pretend to show his sad face during photo taking..)


 Nelly enjoying the steamboat.. we made sure the birthday meal was something she could join in to eat..
Little cupcake's cake smash with Mummy's home-made cupcakes!

The other cake for the adults and Adric... Adric refuse to eat Mummy's healthy cupcakes!


Nelly cupcake, Happy Birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment