Wednesday 6 November 2013

First post, first trip!

This is my first post - ever. I have never blogged before, nor kept a diary. I am not even the kind who would update my Facebook status - I'm quite a private person. But I want to document our lives before I start forgetting a lot of stuff.. Things are happening so fast after the birth of Adric, I can't believe he is 13 months old already! Did I enter a time machine? Anyway.. A quick summary of Adric's first year..


This is our little bundle of joy.. he was a hefty 3.7 kg at birth! I had to go through 18 hours of induction plus a c section.. (Son, when u read this in future, pls give mummy a hug now!) hee.. He totally looks like daddy.

More pictures of Adric baby...

Before the end of the 2nd month, he slowly became our cute and scary little monster! He had colic and was crying non stop, esp at night when mummy is most tired and sleepy... there was once he cried for 4 hours straight, and mummy and Grandpa had to bring him to hospital (Daddy was conveniently away on an overseas trip... =P).. when we reached the hospital, Adric immediately stopped crying and fell asleep... so the doctor gave me a "must be a new inexperienced parent" look... It's only colic..



When he was 4 months old, K and I brought Adric on his first ever overseas trip! to Hong Kong! Everyone was giving me the "huh, are you crazy? bring a 4 month old crying baby to Hong Kong in winter??" response, but I had to have a holiday before I ended my maternity leave.. so off we went!



People were right, it was a crazy idea - it was a totally different kind of holiday.. if you are travelling with a 4 month old baby, expect no shopping (right, absolutely no shopping) and dinners in the hotel room (and cold ones, cos you have to bounce baby to sleep before you can sit down and eat). K and I will have takeaway dinners in the hotel room after baby is asleep, and chat in whispers, careful not to wake the little monster... Also, I had to master the art of breastfeeding with a nursing cover in public (cos baby has no patience for looking for a nursing room..), and it is a challenge when you are in the middle of Kowloon park in winter.. haha

With that said, it was still one of the happiest and most memorable holidays...

This is turning out to be a really long first post! Lots to catch up... will continue on the next post.. hee

No comments:

Post a Comment